Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gleetise

Oh look, the title of my post is a mash-up of two words (albeit a bad one). You know who loves mash-ups? Will Schuester. My friend over at iamjudgmental happens to think he's repulsive, and when you see him sing, I agree that there's some sleaze that oozes from the screen.


But whatever, I'm not here to repulse you with an analysis of his sultry renditions of 80's rap or BoyzIIMen.

Yesterday's Valentine's Day episode of Glee ("Silly Love Songs") encompassed all that is extremely unrealistic and disconcerting about this show.

A million questions ran through my mind as this train-wreck of cheesiness barrelled into my living room.
  • Who the hell would give a bunch of high school kids sparklers? (See the "Firework" segment in which Lea Michele sings dramatically in a dimly-lit school hallway with sparklers ablaze behind her) I must caution you in watching the video below, it's likely you won't be able to erase this song from your memory anytime soon. I don't mean this in a complimentary way.

  • Why are they going Katy Perry crazy? Is this some kind of evil plan to make me go insane as her pathologically catchy songs loop endlessly in my feverish mind?
  • Why is "Firework" the inspirational song of the moment? (It's been used in the Golden Globes Promo's, American Idol, and now Glee.)
  • If you dance and sing to love songs in a hallway of a high school, it seems you have a higher chance of being teased.  Strangely enough, whenever the kids sing in the hallways (which happens often) they are almost always unscathed by the usual bullying. This seems strange.
  • Why haven't they sung anything from Moulin Rouge? This would help buy back my affections. 
  • Why was Tina crying uncontrollably in her love song? And why was it never explained?
I realise most of my complaints are "Firework" based. In other disturbing news, I just happened upon a website that seems to have some kind of desire for Quinn and Will to be together (Quill). All is can say is; ew. He already seems too chummy with his students. This is just uber-disturbing.  It seems to be an internet wide campaign, as this creepy imagined scenario demonstrates. I've seen too much.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment