Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It Turns Out, I'm Good at Unemployment

Have you ever wondered how you would fare as one of America's 14 million unemployed people?

This handy dandy "game" allows you to make decisions based on the premise that you're unemployed and have children. It's called "Spent". You basically have to make it through the month with a positive balance in your bank account. Along the way, your relatives die, your car breaks down, your kids have to go to birthday parties, all of which take money away from your meager salary.

I suppose I'm at an unfair advantage with this game- I mean, I'm already unemployed, I have "kids" (cats). But at the end, I survived with 400 dollars but had to keep my kid home from a museum trip, delay getting a weird dental surgery AND ignore my car insurance demands. 

It's all kind of part of an advertising project to get people to give money to the Urban Ministries of Durham. Play if you want to be momentarily depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment